Depends on what you consider an extended interval to be --- Curt is tunning
15,000 mile between changes - I call that extended. I run 12,000 to 15,000
miles between changes of Mobil 1, based on analysis resutls, the soot is
still within range. Could probably go 20,000, but I won't push it that far.
FWIW, mine are/were all 60x engines.
You really need to have the oil analyzed to make an informed decision. The
engine, oil, location, and driving patterns will all affect the results.