For future reference, the modulator is on the right side of the transmission, just behind the bellhousing. The vacuum line is attached there, but it is a lot easier to detach the line under the hood for testing. You just have to find the line that goes to the right side of the car and down under. You also have a cable adjustment that will affect shifting if it is out of adjustment.

At 09:08 AM 4/30/2009, you wrote:
then you need to tighten up the little bolt on the side of the tranny for the reverse band. Wacko can tell you how to do that.

Douglas wrote:
I should have mentioned that it is only slipping in Reverse. All forward gears are working as they have since I have had this car. Had my son crawl under it last night and got the tranny number 722.118 and I have not seen any vacuum connections.

thanks. Douglas
----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas" <jgi...@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:19 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Slipping transmission 1980 300D

I have hhad the tranny slipping for a few weeks now changed the fluid and put in the conditioner but still slips. Went to the local indy and they said to replace it, it would be $4300. I took it to Aamco and they started with the story to rebuild it. Though they to came back a day later with replacing it for $3500.

Loren Faeth