While I will admit to have a very, very limited knowledge of either SVO or
biodiesel, I would opine that much of the trouble with such "3rd party cars"
that have serious damage are probably due to the shade tree mechanic types who
have been misled by the media to think that they only have to get some
oil/grease from the local in restaurateur, filter it, and away they go.

Just my $0.02 based on what I have seen/heard.

Dan