Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:52:56 -0400
From: Steve MacSween <steve.macsw...@videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Doing SVO Wrong
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Race engine builders recommend that to free up sticky rings, use the
thinnest oil you can for as long as the engine will stand it (even if that
is 20 minutes).

The same additives in synthetics that add to synthetics' slipperiness, tend
to worsen the ring sludge.

I started asking about this after I had to give up on an OM616 with one or
two sticky rings, about three weeks after switching to Mobil 1. The smoke
got slowly worse by the day as soon as I switched over.

We have a rally engine builder locally and that is who I got the answer
from.

Mac