Has anyone replaced coil springs once? I am trying to see if I could do it myself on a 300D, 1981. Not too long ago, I replaced the shocks with

I've had them out (in the rear) as part of a differential swap
on a 123.  You don't need a spring compressor for that end.
I think you do on the front.

Bilstein's but it won't do it, the car is still too much like a boat, especially on the interstate.

I don't think that springs would be your problem, not if the
car's ride height was correct.  Are you sure that your particular
car has a problem, and that it's not riding like any other 123?
They aren't sleds.

-- Jim