Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

"Springs only sag, they don't change rate all that much.  A wallowy ride
is more likely to be bad (or missing) rear sway bar links, bad
bushings, or bad from control arm parts."

I think, and a friend mentioned it, the car appears low in the back. Yes the
ride is not always fun, especially when the wind is strong, driving on the
interstate, passing a semi, etc.

"Do you get clunks when you
drive over speed bumps?  If so, the track rod bushing is shot, and it's
going to wallow around. A bouncy ride is bad rear shocks, though."
"Unless you have a broken spring, I'd be looking for suspension
components, subframe mounts, control arm bushings, etc.  Then move to
the spring rubber bushings. (Loren)"

I can't say I get any clunk, it just feels rough when passing any bump.
In any case, faulty bushings and all (as Loren commented too) is a good
point and I certainly will look into that. I am also planning to change
the steering damper which shows wear.

"HD shocks are MUCH firmer than comforts, to the point I regret putting them on
my Volvo.  Way to rough on the interstate."

The shocks I installed are heavy duty Bilsteins. Well, now I feel stupid
because I just realized looking back at my order from the online store
(http://www.autopartswarehouse.com) that they sent me or it was my mistake,
mixing the ref. number, comfort shocks for the front and the intended heavy
duty ones for the rear. So now, I have been driving on a mix comfort/heavy
duty. Well, this could be one of the problems to a my question, couldn't it?

--PT