Hey Guys,
                      I have a chance to offer on somebody I know who has a
1982 Black 240D manual  transmission that has turbocharger.. It has 140,000
miles & according to my  MB mechanic who also works on it said it is a
beautiful car-to go for it!!   Apparently this owner/friend hurt his leg on his
construction equipment and  ended up losing that leg.Therefore a stick is
hard for him to drive  and  he has another Mercedes he can drive.
               I have a 1983 240D automatic with 184,000 which I love &
have to fix items  like heater core, A/C, Antenna,master cylinder  & so on. I
intend to  keep it anyway but my question is people have told me to stay away
from  Turbochargers......What problems could I run into since I don't know
much about  this?? Is the Turbo removeable if there are problems?[Stupid
question I presume]  Are Turbos expensive upkeep ??
               And lastly  what  is this car worth since he told me to make
an  offer?? I do not want to take advantage of him; this from a guy at 59
who just  had a shocking stroke 2 1/2 months ago.So I can't putter  on my
cars  for at least 2-3 months..........THanx for your input in advance.....By
the way  I have yet to see the car but will soon !!

Bob Huston

1969 Austin America
1983 Merceds 240D  184,000

[I'm a Rusty buyer  !!]
**************Cooking Dinner For Two? Sign Up & Get Immediate Member-Only
Savings.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222652750x1201460983/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215225797%3B37274671%3Bq%3Fhttp:%2
F%2Frecipes.cookingfor2.pillsbury.com%2F%3FESRC%3D934)