Alex Chamberlain wrote:
Just to revive an old problem... I changed the PS filter and the fluid
(with Dave M.'s favorite Valvoline Semi-Synthetic PS fluid, since I
couldn't find Mobil 1 ATF on short notice), and the vibration is still
there, though somewhat lessened.

I still haven't changed the steering shock as Marshall suggested,
mostly because, though I think it's probably the original one with
nearly 200k mi and could stand changing, I can't see how it could
cause a symptom like this that is noticeably worse when the car is
cold.

I'm starting to worry that my PS pump is going to fail
catastrophically, lock up, and break the serpentine belt.  Is this a
real concern?  Should I put in a new pump preemptively ASAP ($375.85
from Rusty---yikes!), or will I be OK waiting until it gets worse
and/or I have some free time?