Someone on the list has written up his saga of dealing with the insurance company, and some good pointers for how to get whole. Basically they owe you to make you whole. You might need to collect some documentation on the value of your car (which was in EXCELLENT condition for its age, etc.) and just keep countering with "this is what you need to do." They will try to wear you down, just dig in. Did you visit the doctor? Are you experiencing new pains now that weren't there prior to the incident? Do you think it might impair your ability to work or continue life as you had before? These kinds of things can be quite debilitating if not dealt with effectively.

--R

Zoltan Finks wrote:
So I assumed that the insurance company would just say NO to our
counteroffer. How did you get them to relent? I mean what bargaining power
do we have? They have the power.

We are looking up listings and preparing our case. I think Blue Book on the
car is about $1000. But they go for much more than that. Unfortunately not
as much as they went for when we bought it.

Brian