Hello dieselers.

Of course, I'm intending to get another MB diesel, but this next vehicle is going to haul stuff and tow my boat. I've decided to get a diesel ex-cab or crew cab pickup, and I've always wanted a Dodge with a Cummins turbo diesel in it. I've had Ford "powerchokes" before which were good trucks, but no Cummins dodges or GM diesels (don't think I'd consider one of those). Does anyone have any advice on older vs newer generation Cummins engins (of course 24V is more powerful), but which years should be avoided? Several listers have mentioned the killer dowel pin (KDP) that destroys expensive engine parts which is a very bad thing, but fixable. If anyone has experience with these, please chime in.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon, currently between diesels