I've dealt with these guys with two former MBs, and Todd's quote is spot on:

"I know what the M-100 secret handshake is: The rare and elusive US $1,000
bill. This is just like the secret Masonic handshake. You come up to someone
that you suspect may have an M100, and extend your right hand with a $1,000
bill cupped in your hand and smoothly pass it on. If the person looks down, and
says "WOW, I've never SEEN so much money in my LIFE", you immediately grab it
back and continue on. If they say "Huh, this is what I spent on my turn signal
repair", you embrace them warmly." - Todd Knutson

I kid you not, the prices for the parts on these things are nothing short of
obscene, and if you've got NOS stuff, you're sitting on a gold mine.  Hold out
for every penny, 'cause eventually they'll cave, as this stuff cannot be had
unless they go to the factory and pay out the bottom, if it's even available.
And rest assured, these people have the money - it's just difficult separating
it from them, and they prey on those who don't understand the value of these
parts.  I would opine that the person who offered you $600 for the pair already
had a buyer at a (much) higher price.

I'll reserve my opinion somewhat, suffice to say that the few dealings I've had
with M100 people were not pleasant.

Dan