Ed Booher <edboo...@gmail.com> writes:

> The G4 Mini would do what you need and run up to Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard.)
> Though you'd probably be fine running Tiger due to Memory requirements and
> such.

I've heard Leopard struggles on the G4.  I've never tried it personally.

My laptop (which is my primary home machine and what I'm writing this
message on) is a 12" PowerBook G4 1Ghz is running Tiger (10.4) and it
does absolutely everything I need it to do.  I have no plans to replace
it any time soon.

Ed is right, the PowerPC architecture is dead in the personal computer
space.  If you're wanting something that will be able to run the latest
releases of Mac OS and software, avoid it.

If you want to read email, surf the web, update your iPod, and edit
photos (i.e. common personal computer stuff) it will do all that just
fine for at least the near term.

Allan

--
1983 300D