To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Lost Park Today

How big of an ordeal is it to replace the bushings? Remember...it never gets
below 95 degrees in my garage this time of year...

Bob R

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin <ka...@striplin.net>wrote:

Yea, the shifter is too sloppy, needs the bushings replaced.  Once done,
will probalby go into park again.

Bob Rentfro wrote:

 Went to put the '77 300D into park today (car on slight incline drive)
and
park was gone. Could almost feel the transmission rolling past the stop. I usually use e-brake vice park on inclines, but this wasn't that big of an incline. Additionally, once in awhile I have to jiggle the shifter when in
park to get the neuteral safety switch to allow the car to start.

Are these two things related or just a co-inky-dink?

Bob R