Hi, All.
When I picked up my '85 190E, there was the distinct possibility that the very worn chain would fly off the worn sprocket with unhappy results. The oil pressure took almost 20 secs. to peg the gauge. Newchain and sprocket, cleaned out the Tensioner. and it ran very well, with 2-3 second oil pressure rise, until the trans. died, twice.
Check your chain?
Also used a Rusty approved filter, many after-market filters are sh, um er poor.
(Dare I say M1?)
YMMV
Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred.

Hello Wilton; I'm baaaaack !
It seems that from a stone cold overnight wait, it's about 5 seconds from
the time the engine starts until oil pressure is shown on the dash
gauge.   During that time the engine makes little metallic tapping and
clicking noises.