Hursley wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to seek your wisdom on my '93 190E2.3 car.  The battery is good as
it register 12.8V before starting and 14.4V while running.  I just replace the
tension pulley about a month ago and belt about a year ago.

The problem is while driving, the engine mysteriously shut off by itself.

On my 1986 2.3-16, the fuel pump relay decides the engine isn't running and shuts the fuel off. Since it's a manual trans, the engine keeps spinning and the alternator keeps charging, but the car slows down. I shut off the ignition for five seconds, turn it back on and proceed along my merry way (until it happens again). If that's the trouble, a pump relay for your car is about half the price of a pump relay for my car, but still around $100. (Make that $137)
http://buymbparts.com/item.wws?sku=W0133-1611020&itempk=77553&mfr=Kaehler&weight=0.27

Mitch.