Robert Bigham wrote:

Fuel had nothing to do with my problem.

Sometimes it pays to shut off radio/blowers/etc and listen for the fuel pump.
If the pump is humming along for a while after the engine stops, look elsewhere.

On my 16V, it's quite audible at rest, but not with the car moving. The fuel rarely cuts out if I turn the key on, wait until I hear the pump stop, and then start the engine. (but that's for a problem in the relay's safety circuitry) I suppose I should tear my relay apart, try to fix it, and plan on calling Rusty if I botch it.

Mitch.