Diesels are eeeeevil and will kill everyone with their belching pollution. And they will cause the global temperature to spike another ten degrees easily. I'm not sure if they are more eeeeeevil than SUVs, but they are in the same category and must be completely banned.

--R

ned kleinhenz wrote:
I wish we could buy these economical3 series diesel models in the US:

http://www.sae.org/mags/AEI/6660

4.5 l/100km corresponds to about 52 mpg.

At the end of last year, I rented a BMW 318d while working in Europe.
I consistently got 5.0 to 5.2 l/100km with that car.  And it was NICE to
drive.

NK