Ron Dwelle wrote:
> Nobody has mentioned it, but a hanging brake (either regular brake or
> emergency brake) could cause the symptoms you describe.

If it goes away when you step on the brake, you should also check for
missing brake pad anti-rattle springs.  If the rotor is slightly warped,
and the anti-rattle springs are missing, the pad will be lifted and then
drop back once per revolution and make a rhythmic clunk at low speeds.
Stepping lightly on the brake clamps it in place and stops the noise.  I
have this problem on both front wheels of my car, because Midas lost the
springs when the previous owner took the car in for a brake job.