Coupla years ago, I came cruising slowly not (creeping, but below speed limit) up my street toward home. In street in front of house next door, a lawn maintenance guy was using a weed eater in the curb on same side of street with me. I moved way over in center of street as I passed him; just as I was abeam him, I heard a loud pop at right rear door on my '87 300D, and the rt rear window cracked into thousands of little squares, but it didn't fall out. I immediately stopped, eased backward to the workman and said to him as I rolled rt front window down, "Your weedeater just threw a rock and broke my rear window." He was a bit shocked as he glanced at the shattered window there beside him, and immediately said, "I'm terribly sorry. Pull in here to my truck, and I'll give you my name, ins., etc. Don't worry, I'll take care of it." I got the info and drove slowly coulpa miles to glass repair shop. (BTW, 'couldn't drive slowly enough to keep wind from pushing the window's broken little squares of glass all over seat, etc., before I got to the shop.) At the shop, they removed the broken glass, vacuumed up the broken glass and called the guy's insurance co; their reply, "Not covered." Shop taped plastic over the window, and I made arrangements to replace the window next day. On way back home, I pulled into the yard next door and told the lawn guy that his ins. co. said, "Not covered." I told him the cost of the repairs, and as he was telling me that he would stop by the shop that afternoon and give them a check for it, the guy's wife was there beside him trying to tell us that I should claim it on MY insurance. My reply, "I should not have to get MY ins. co. involved in something that is YOUR liability." The guy said, "You're right. I'll take care of it this afternoon." Coupla hours later, glass shop called to tell me they had a check to cover the repairs.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Now our 190 has been in an accident

WILTON wrote:
Damned ridiculous to claim it on YOUR ins.; it's other party's liability, but often, other party's ins. co. will try anything to dodge that liability.

At which point, you sue the other party, and tell them that if they purchased insurance from an honest firm you wouldn't have had to sue them. I bet the other insurance company would love that.

Mitch.