<<The HID's take a few seconds to come up to full brightness. Mercedes
accommodates this delay by using them for the low beams and using
> standard xenon's for the high beams and the HID's stay on when you switch
to high beams>>

The earlier low-beam-only Xenons use an 55W H-7 bulb for high beam with a
separate reflector and lens. MY '01 C320 came with the low-only xenons which I
converted to Bi-Xenon (complete replacement of the light units and huge
improvement $$$) and the H-7 high beam is retained, presumably for high beam
flashing
which Xenons cannot do. I replaced the stock 55W H-7 with 70W bulbs which made
a noticeable difference. I also tried a pair of 55W SilverStars and removed
them since the 70W bulbs were superior.

Roger Ellingson/Seattle