To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 1:17 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Tranny shifting problem!!

Need a little info regarding a problem with the transmission in my 1985 300SD. Changed to the Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic ATF about a year or so ago. Everything running smoothly up until last week. All of a sudden, the transmission won't shift into its highest gear without my taking my foot off of the accelerator. In other words, I get up to about 50-55 mph running at 3500 rpm, at which point the last shift is suppose to occur and drop the rpm's back to about 2500 running at 60 mph. This just won't happen unless I disengage the accelerator. Question: Does anyone know the cause and cure for such
a problem???