he was a very shy man, but he lived several lives in one.  USMC in Korea.
worked on night of the living dead with romero.  circus clown (literally!).
anatomy professor.  and i probably even left a few out.

people who know me can tell you that i rarely court anyone, but i respected
marshall so much that i courted him.  when sexton wanted to start the
mbz.org lists, i told him flat out it was a non starter with me unless we
could get dr booth to join.  when we rolled out the red carpet and invited
him to atlanta for rustyQ, he got the jitters (man, was he ever shy!) and i
jumped through ever hoop he presented to get out of it a number of times
when normally i'd have just told anyone else where they could go.

and unlike the rest of us blowhards, he never said a word in self praise.
learning anything about him was like pulling teeth.  how many of you even
know the little bit I put forward above?