Hi all!   I wanted to ask a quick question for the group mind before I started
google-digging.

I think it's been answered before here, or at least I have a vague memory of
the topic from a year or so back...

I have a '84 300d (turbo) and I have let her sit for the last two years.  Last
week I fired her up, (and she started up no problems)  let her warm up for
about 15-20 minutes and then proceeded to drive her lightly each day since then.

I have noticed a few things I need to fix starting with new injectors and fule
lines/filters as there seems to be a slight "rattle" from somewhere up there
and I figure new injectors is a great place to start.. and some other minor
things, but there is one new noise that I can't place.

So, when I hit about 20 mph I will start to hear a slight ticking from what
appears to be behind the glove box.   As I drive faster the clicking reves up
and gets loader and faster in synch with the engine.

When I idle back down to about 20, it  slows down and goes away.

Does anyone know what this could be?  Is there a vacuum pump up inside the dash
or on the other side of the firewall?  ( I seem to remember that there may be)
Could it be door lock pump or some such up in there?   I think I have some
slight vacuum leaks in general as she seem to shift a bit hard and the door
locks are slow.... it may be the/this pump????

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.

-hue-
Lungren: '71 280 SEL
Helgra:   '84 300td
Olfenhiganster: '68 190