the her hitler list actually started in 98, it was not going very long at all before the founding members of mbz.org got kicked off and mbz.org started. Ahh cookies, I wonder what happened to him, I have not heard anything about him in many years.

Gary Hurst wrote:
i'd guess 98 or 99, but someone like little tommy would remember such a
thing.

to sum it up briefly as i understand it:  in the beginning, there was dave
realtime and esa ahola.  figure about 95ish.  a dominant figure on the list
was cookies and he really pissed off a ton of people everyday.  ritter and
easley then started their own list to be "kinder and gentler" and cookies
free, maybe about 96 or 97.  one stuart steele was doing the "listmom" thing
for ritter/easley and he and ritter undertook basically what amounted to
purges of all dissidents.  the mbz.org lists began as a reaction to those
purges, beginning with "banned" as a safe haven for mercedesphiles who had
been purged from ritter/easley.  as ritter/easley purported to be kinder and
gentler, banned went out of its way to be exactly the opposite so while it
did contain tech information, it was not a fit forum for many who wished to
participate in an alternative tech list.  so richard sexton and i decided
that if dr booth as willing to participate in the proposed diesel list, we'd
run out a bunch of more democratic and open lists via mbz.org

then richard and mbz.org had one final nuclear meltdown and lists
disappeared, but kaleb took the initiative and stepped up to keep them alive
(originally while richard brought the lists back up, but now permanently)
and that is where we are today.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com