There's a lot of myths and mis-information about Mercedes diesels. Marshall could cut through all of that junk, because his knowledge was from firsthand experience, critical thinking, and performing experiments on his own cars.

I don't know where I'd be maintaining my 190DT without being able to search Marshalls posts. For one, I'd be trying to keep the oil full and REALLY frustrated about constant oil leaks and high consumption. With his "let it seek it's own oil level" my 230k mile engine doesn't leak a drop, and burns only about a quart every 10,000 miles!

Tyler

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
yes, he did.  Jaime thought he knew everything about mb diesels.

Allan Streib wrote:
Jaime kicked *Marshall Booth* off of a "DieselTech" list. That makes sense. Yeah.

Allan