On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:41 AM, tyler<casi...@usermail.com> wrote:
> There's a lot of myths and mis-information about Mercedes diesels. Marshall
> could cut through all of that junk, because his knowledge was from firsthand
> experience, critical thinking, and performing experiments on his own cars.

Very well said.  I think of him as the quintessential scientist,
passionately collecting data in order to make the most informed
synthesis of it that he could.  Who among us even knew what a
tribologist was the first time we saw the word, let alone is able to
say that he to not one but several in order to determine what was
really in all the different oils on the market and thus which one was
the best for Benz diesels?

Alex