My 94 was a pain to bleed all of the air out of if you followed the factory
procedure. Going old school of letting it open the thermostat, run for a
while to get the air out, and topping it off worked.

The 4.6 seems to have a propensity for holding air pockets in the coolant quite
well, and for its first few years, had a propensity for cracking heads.
What a fun combination. :-/

My 94 had its original radiator when it was sold with over 260k original
miles.