Thanks, Manfred. Gainesville is out of my range for now but I did find one for $29.99 on the Harbor Freight website. I think that might have been the one several members bought.
Gerry
--------------------------------------
From: "MG" <trainpain2...@yahoo.com>
Gerry,
The Harbor Freight store in Gainesville has one on sale right now
for $9.99 till Aug 24th. Don't know how good they are but at that
price I guess it could be worth a try. You can always take it
back if you don't like it. They are real good about that.
Manfred

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:00:44 -0400
From: "archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
P.S. What's a brand/source for an infrared thermometer?  Flukes are
available for around $100 but I seem to remember a discussion
about cheaper
ones that also worked well.
Thanks,
Gerry