From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Donald Snook
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 7:32 AM
To: Mercedes
Subject: Re: [MBZ] update on repair advice

I just removed the thermostat again and I noticed that the lip (the
housing is plastic and is integrated into the intake manifold) was
cracked and broken. I tried to fill it up with coolant and when I
started it up it immeadiately started dumping the coolant from the
intake.

Conclusion: catastrophic failure of the plastic manifold.  This was a
known problem with this engine and Ford has a campaign to replace it
free of charge. Mine qualifies on mileage but is out on time/age.  I
guess I am going to get to learn how to do this repair. Damn!

Donald H Snook
McDonald Tinker Law Firm
(316) 263-5851
www.mtsqh.com