Rich Thomas wrote:
> Drink one beer.  When the beer is gone the oil is done.

You drink slowly!

Marshall
Gee - How fast can you down a keg?

OK guys - I think the black cloud might well be over my baby once more.  I
am not happy with the 2nd engine I got from PGA, either.  No cracked rings
this time, but unless one of you knows a rather benign reason for it to be
putting out bluish smoke for a couple of blocks I might still be looking for
an engine.  More than a bit unhappy to throw out almost $4K in labor costs
[you who can do your own indy work should be smiling now], but paying for
another one to be installed would still beat having an engine that is going
down the tubes on me.  Previous owner said it had a bit of smoke when it
started, and used 2 quarts between 3K changes.  What little I know of
engines [even less about diesels] suggests that any number of things could
be going wrong with the engine, some more serious than others.  Comments
from your experiences about the smoking - perhaps for the first mile - would
be appreciated.  I really think the oil and temp gauges are messed up and
not really related to the engine, else oil gauge would not be pegged at '3'
when the key is turned, then go down when warm, unaffected by engine speed,
and the temp would do something when grounded [it doesn't].
        Depending on what my indy tells me over the next couple of days and
your experience I'll decide.  What I have gone through can't be the best way
to find an engine.

BillR
Jacksonville  FL
300SD  EM  265k / 200k engine, IF