Bill,
 I've got just the deal for you! How about a whole car? This way, you get to
hear the engine run, and it can even deliver itself under its own power!
 Seriously, I've seen several cases where I could buy a whole car cheaper
than I could get an engine and tranny. Many, many 123's and 126's have
wasted away due to tin worm and/or accidents long before the engine dies,
and these can often be had in roller form with the engine running.
 I've got a very nice running 1984 300D for sale now. Engine runs very well,
but exterior and interior are both a little on the rough side. I'd have
retired it long ago if it didn't keep running so well. 188Kmiles.
  Gary Thompson
Austin, TX
1984 300D
1995 E320