But the experience of hanging around the BMW shop should be worth the extra $$. You can pose with the others there.

--R

E M wrote:
It would probably cost you a lot more if you went to a dealer up here in
Canada.  $115 actually sounds like a pretty good price to me.  I know I was
paying about $130 for my last porsche oil change, and that was years ago!
That was standard dino oil too, all bit it, a lot of it. lol.  Not sure how
your indy makes any money, as it cost me more to buy the oil and filter and
do it myself, than what he charges.

Most dealer I know will charge to "look" at a car, unless it is in for
servicing, and they notice something while doing a repair and bring it to
your attention.  When I got the old 300E, I wanted them to give it a quick
look over.  They wanted $350 or something, and that didnt' include a leak
down, or anything internal, that was pretty much just a visual inspection.

Dealers aren't cheap, but then again, lots of overhead to cover too I
guess.  Have a guy stump around looking for the correct lifting points when
putting the car up, and all of a sudden, $100+ starts to look like a deal.
hee hee. ;-)

Ed
300E  And yes, an indy bent a rocker lifting it once too. :-( boo hoo hoo