Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:10:27 -0500
From: Donald Snook <dsn...@mtsqh.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Just had my first bad experience with BMW
To: "Mercedes@okiebenz.com" <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>

called the local BMW dealer just to check on a price for an oil
change.  I thought I might try going there, tell them I am a new BMW
owner and I figured I could get a free inspection.  In my experience
the dealer will look it over a little better for a new customer to see
if they can find any problems and sell some additional service.   BUT,
when I called asked them how much an oil change was, they said about
$115!  Seriously!  I asked him what they included and he said just an
oil and filter change!   WOW!  Why would anyone get this done at a
dealer?!  If this was my only option, I would definitely change it
myself.  I think I will stick with my Indy who charged me $38 on my 126
300SEL and $29 on the Cadillac and Grand Marquis.  This BMW takes 8
quarts of oil, but I can't imagine it being more then $40 for the oil
change.   Oh well, I think I will avoid the dealer.

Donald H. Snook