Agreed on all 3 points.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cathey" <j...@windwireless.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] electric cars

Pity; doesn't seem to "regen" anything, then, does it? Well, 'cept heat. What a waste.

Though the traction motors are generating, I probably wouldn't use
the term 'regenerative' unless the power were being stored,
or at least used for something.  As implemented, it's merely
electric braking.  However, D-E locomotives have been around
awhile, they got there first so I suppose that whatever terminology
they've been using is now, by definition, the correct one.

-- Jim