1700 to rebuild the front end?  That seems a little high

Redghost wrote:
SWMBA is of the opinion that spending $1700 +tax to rebuild Gump's front end is a waste and a newer vehicle should be procured.

This bedevils me. I am befuddled. What would I replace her with? What to do with Gump and all her spare parts? What would she be worth with all her parts and a wonky front end?

I have spare doors, windscreen, lights (front and back) euro lights, new brake set (rotor and pads) chrome trim, relays, and more. Much more. I could fill Gump with parts and still need a van to haul the rest.

Should I consider a 94 w140 vergasser? A solid w126 with a rebuilt engine to install? One of the ubiquitous late 90's C series?

SWMBA is thinking I dump Gump, end up in the 95 E300D and she gets some rolling piece of shite. Not really a turd, but one of the econobox boring rides. Like a hyundai or other waste of sheet metal.

Opinions please

--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner

1972 220D - Gump
1995 E300D - Cleo
1987 300SDL - POS - DOA
The FSM would drive a Diesel Benz

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com