Oreilley's has a epoxy/fiberglass patch kit. I used that one time, and it is still holding. the key is roughing up the surface with the sandpaper included in the kit. the blue gloves not in the kit are good for keeping the stuff you your fingers.

Welcome to the world of BMW 4 wheelers. It always amazed me how one company could make the most reliable, un-fussy motorcycles, and one of the most fussy cars.