Consider it all part of that 1/3 the purchase price you set aside to sort it
out. ;-)  You still have a great car, and now with a new rad, one less thing
to worry about.  When you get home, check all the hoses, and change what's
needed, then you will have gone over most of the cooling system.

As for doing a quick repair in a parking lot, who hasn't been there before?
:-)

Ed
300E, which has had some work to the cooling system done in a parking lot
too.