As I mentioned before, everything you every wanted to know about Mac batteries
can be found in the support area at apple.com.

Resetting the PRAM and doing a "deep cycle" can sometimes reset the
microprocessor in the battery, but there are other things to try as well before
tossing in the towel on it.

It might even be covered under a recall... check the Web site.

MacDan