I need to figure out if I am generating a 140hz signal with an antique of a scope. Scope does not have any fancy setting like time. It is a navy relic. How do I go about measuring the frequency? I have a signal showing 3 cycles with 100hz sweep. Do I need a better scope?

Better is easier, but not absolutely necessary.  How do you know
it's a 100Hz sweep?  But the completely uncalibrated sweeps are
difficult to use for frequency.  Usually the sweep speeds are
in steps, X seconds/division, and you just count the number
of divisions and multiply/divide.  They're not uncalibrated.
But if it's an unmarked knob you'd only normally use that
for waveform quality.

140 Hz is very close to C#3 on a piano.  Compare it by ear?
Feed signal to a tuner?  (Cheap frequency counter.)  My Fluke
DMM does Hz on AC.

-- Jim