yes-that worked on my first 240D as well.

Dwight E. Giles, Jr.
Bissell Cove Quahog & Auto Salvage Co.
Wickford, RI

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:47 AM , winmutt wrote:

I second this. I believe there are two of them.

-Rolf

Michael Esh wrote:
My did the same thing until iI replaced the missing rubber bumper that fits between the body of the car and the end of the tailpipe. i hope it is that simple for you.

Mike

Mike