Jim, there are 3 dial knobs that do pull off but the 2 sliding ones I have
doubts about. Any thoughts on getting those off?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:

any tips on radio removal on this car.  It is the newer black
Becker Europa original to this car

I believe the knobs pull off, then the plastic face plate
can be pulled from the front, exposing mounting hardware.

2. How do I lubricate the cable so that it operates smoothly and I don't break
the new switch?

I've dipped one end of such cables into ATF, and applied a
vacuum to the other end.

-- Jim