The interlock broke off in the ignition. Took the thing apart and pulled the broken bit out. Now I have no trouble on that side.

Will look at flooding the cable with sewing oil for a while. OR, I could just drag my butt to the PnP and see if there are any w115 in need of gutting. This will incur wrath of SWMBA, since I already have one garage stuffed with useless parts and bringing anymore home will not be looked on kindly

clay