From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310" <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:09 AM
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '95 E300 for $4k

I called the owner last night, he's selling the car because it uses a
cup of coolant every couple weeks and his mechanic says its probably
time for a new head gasket.  Engine temperature is rock solid (new
radiator in recent years), AC works great (new evaporator for $3800,
hope they did the vacuum pods while the dash was out), headliner is
beginning to fall down, paint is showing some clear-coat deterioration.

Wife says she can only authorize $2500 for car purchase.  I see that as
a good response from her, she's at least open to the possibility of
getting a third car.  I think if a PPI shows a leak vice a blown head
gasket and the car really looks nice to her and the owner turns down
$2500, she'd be willing to offer more.

Very respectfully,
/s/
LCDR Max Dillon