Poodles make great guide dogs as well. I think that a lot of the breeding is for looks and what people want and are used to. I'm not sure if I could "see" myself with a purebred Poodle. Personally, I like the beefyness of the Labs. I haven't been around many standard Poodles until now since there's one that lives with one of the school staff who visits regularly. She's a very smart, high strung dog, and she loves everyone. She may make it into the guide dog program.

Kevin in Palm Springs, CA, between MB Diesels