no, not yet but I will

Donald Snook wrote:
Kaleb wrote: "IIRC, when Don was doing this, seems like he said the compression
was OK but I dont remember.  He also said
he did not note anything obvious in the bores of the bottom end with the
head off.  So, head back on.  It seems to be much better but today I
messed with it a little.  When you first start it cold, it seems like #1
is not firing at all at idle.  When you get it off idle, it smooths
out.  There is a little smoke associated with this.  If you let it sit
there and idle for a while it will gradually start hitting on #1.  If
you take it out and blow it out, you get crap blown out the back for a
minute or 2, then once its fully warmed up, it will sit there and idle
smooth as can be for as long as you want."

I know this seems obvious and probably too simple to be the cause, but have
checked all of the glow plugs to make sure they are in range?  My old 123 had a
similar problem and it was a glow plug that was out of range and caused all
sorts of problems.

Donald H. Snook

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 350SDL, 91 300D, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com