One more thing to check -- make sure the injection line from the IP to the injector is not rubbed badly -- I had a rough idle and some knocking on #6 on my "new" 300D until the line rubbed through last Thanksgiving on the way home from Ft. Wayne. Diesel fuel everywhere, what a mess.

However, with a new line in place, the injector knock vanished over a month or two, never hear it now, and i have a nice smooth idle, too.

I think the badly worn line bulged during injection, so that the actual opening of the injector was delayed. Smokes less now, too.

Peter