I had a tire going flat slowly, pulled it off to take it to the tire shop, looks old and cracked and like the tread is starting to separate at the edge. I thought I saw a nail but digging at it a bit it looks like a steel belt, YOW. Costco has a Michelin X in 195 70 R14 for $316 for a set, which seems like a good deal, and a $70 rebate (not sure if that price is the before or after rebate).

Are these decent tires?  There are some sort of Michelins on there now.

--R