Hans Neureiter wrote:
> Same difference. Joe Public was promised 'we make sure you have gasoline
> since the oil rigs are shut down and damaged'.

Well, no, it's not the same difference.  I actually wondered how a
release of crude oil from the SPR was supposed to lower prices,
considering the main problem is a lack of REFINERY capacity.

I've heard claims that we're looking at a critical shortage of diesel
refining capacity, in the future.  It seems that gasoline has
traditionally been more profitable, so refiners have focused on
equipment for refining it, and haven't invested much in the equipment
for making diesel fuel.