Theres a big difference between driving a beat up old truck and giving that
same truck a paint job, 7" lift, 40" tires and running straight pipes...

-Curt

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:50:34 -0700
From: David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel price wackiness

Curt Raymond wrote:

> I'm sick and tired of hearing about how this effects the poor. I see
> more and more idiots that sling burgers at McDonalds driving big
> pickups with big mudder tires.

When I was a kid, we had very little money.  We mostly rode around in
pickup trucks and Suburbans.  Know why?  When you live in the rural
Midwest and don't have a lot of money, you drive what's available for
cheap on the used market and is inexpensive to maintain.  Pickup trucks
and Suburbans are ubiquitous (because farmers buy them), they take a
lot
of abuse, and they're cheap and easy to fix.  (I recall one Suburban my
parents bought for $1000, drove for two years, and sold for $500,
having
put in almost no money in repairs.  That's cheap transportation.)  The
corner mechanic, the cheap but honest one who's been in business for 40
years, won't want to touch a Honda or Toyota.

> Real poor people don't have cars and live in a small apartment in the
> city near where they work so they can WALK.

Sorry, the apartments in the city have all been taken by rich people,
these days.  And they don't want to lease to anyone with kids, anyhow.

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Oct 24 13:28:08 2005