From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] CL award winning ad writer of the day...
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 9:35 PM

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
> So what were you doing in court?

It's Jabba's 2nd home these days...

Oh, BTW, I just got the results of my court appearance from last month.
I was appealing my property tax assessment, which was for more than the
property was worth at the 2005-2006 peak. The assessor didn't show, she chose
to stand on the documents that she submitted (but she submitted them too late
to be admissible). I was able to show properties several times the size of
mine, within a mile of mine, with assessments lower than mine. The end result?
The hearing officer recommends that my 2008 and 2009 assessment be set to the
exact amount that I was protesting against, which is 80% more than I paid for
the place in 2007. It's a racket, the state does not want to lose revenue, no
matter how unearned it might be.
Mitch.